The recent transformation of Golden Era into Marella Explorer 2 was the equivalent of four refits in one for global cruise interior outfitter Trimline.
This was the latest in a line of successful interior rebrands carried out by Trimline for Marella Cruises, including Marella Explorer last year and, Marella Discovery and Marella Discovery 2 prior to that.
As the main interior outfitter onboard, Trimline was responsible for the majority of the public spaces including, Indigo, The Marketplace, Coffee Ports, Squid & Anchor, Broadway & Broadway Bar and Latitude/Vista.
TRIMLINE’S SUCCESS FACTORS
Trimline had a structured management team onsite in Cadiz for the duration of the project, as well as being supported by the team back in the UK to ensure the refit was a success.
To carry out the ambitious project needed an extensive team of contractors and, Trimline’s team included onboard and quayside logistics managers together with 300 tradespeople, all working together to deliver the high-quality finish Trimline is renowned for.
HIGH PRAISE FROM MARELLA CRUISES
Nick Hughes, Head of Technical Operations at Marella Cruises said, “We are delighted with the results of this project. Trimline has a proven track record in delivering high spec interiors for us and have met the brief again with this mammoth refit. The transformation of the public spaces is remarkable and we are looking forward to welcoming passengers on board to enjoy the results. We are sure they will respond positively and can’t wait to see what they think when they take to the seas for the new season of sailing”.
Trimline’s COO Ross Welham said, “The sheer scale of this project meant that meticulous planning was crucial. Each team was responsible for their key area of the refit and worked closely with their trades to ensure the refit was completed on time. I am so proud of what our team has achieved, the end result speaks for itself.”
READ THE FULL CASE STUDY ON THIS PROJECT
- Cruise & Ferry International https://www.cruiseandferry.net/articles/trimline-the-perfect-partner-for-complex-ship-refits
- Cruise Industry News https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/21721-marella-explorer-2-four-refits-in-one-for-trimline.html
- Cruise Business Review – front page news – http://www.cruisebusiness.com/index.php/news-section-sp-605/products-a-services/8276-marella-explorer-2-equivalent-to-four-refits-for-outfitter-trimline
- Passenger Ship Technology online https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/21721-marella-explorer-2-four-refits-in-one-for-trimline.html
- Also to be printed in Passenger Ship Technology Interiors issue.
- International Cruise Ship Industry http://www.cruise-ship-industry.com/trimline-undertakes-four-refits-in-one/
- Cruise Ship Interiors Expo blog https://cruiseshipinteriors-europe.com/marella-explorer-2-equivalent-to-four-refits-for-outfitter-trimline/
- Dockyard Magazine
- SRN (Ship Repair Newsletter) and in the Dec/Jan printed issue of SORJ (Ship and Offshore Repair Journal) – Cruise & Ferry edition
- Cruise Mapper https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Marella-Explorer-2-1620
- Late Cruise News http://www.latecruisenews.com/2019/10/14/marella-explorer-2-equivalent-to-four-refits-for-outfitter-trimline/